Friday, August 19, 2005

Betcha can run fast in those

I came home this evening to find that my wife had bought me a new pair of shoes. Putting them on brought back memories of buying shoes as a kid. It always happened around the first of the school year. The shoe sales weasel would press on the shoe and ask how it felt. I don't know why as a kid it never dawned on me to say, "It feels like your mashing on my toe," but I didn't. Instead I would perform the routine geek-walk up and down the aisle of the shoe store. If they were Red Goose shoes I got a prize-bearing golden egg from the campy goose egg dispenser by the register. Any familiar adult I ran into for the next week would say the same thing: "Ooh, new shoes. Bet you can run fast in those?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home